Can we just take a moment for this delicious, golden brown and moist (did a few of you cringe?) banana loaf.
I took some time off in Feb to work on a few things, one of them being my non-existent baking skills and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily I adapted to working with an oven (I’m better at whipping up something on the stove.) I’ve never been the best baker, which is why I am extremely impressed with how good this banana loaf turned out. Due to my lake of baking skills I prefer recipes that are easy to follow and don’t require much time, effort and ingredients, which is yet another reason I wanted to share this banana loaf recipe with you all. Not only is this easy to prepare but it’s also EXTREMELY healthy and low calorie. YAY – Who’s counting their macros with me??? This is a guilt-free pleasure to be enjoyed as part of your breakfast or as a snack.
So without further ado, feast your eyes on the below goodness and give this recipe a bash. I’d love to hear your feedback, so please tag me in your posts and let me know if you love it just as much as I do.
- 240g Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (of your choice)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Banana
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 40g Whey Protein Powder (of your choice)
- 8 tsp xylitol (or liquid sweetener)
- Dark chocolate flakes
- Nuts of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl, this included: almond flour, baking powder, protein powder and xylitol.
- Blend together all wet ingredients in a blender, this included: eggs, banana, peanut butter, and vanilla essence.
- Add your wet blended mixture into your dry mixture, and stir it all together.
- Place your mixture into either one large baking dish or two smaller dishes.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins