Hey, gorgeous, oh I mean flawless… How absolutely stunning does Tracey-Lee (@fitnessgirl_za) look on this month’s Wellness Warehouse cover??? Haven’t seen it yet? Get your hands on a copy today! Without even realising it, we had somehow recreated Tracey’s cover look when shooting a few months back. So, we thought when better to release these images then now.
Tegan and I often shoot near the ocean side, and personally, I think having that natural backdrop for our summer shoots is always more beautiful. Our Saturday morning was filled with a welcoming ocean breeze, a soft morning sunrise and accompanied by laughter and smiles while we posed in our favourite Adidas gear.
With summer literally on our doorstep, we wanted to share a few of our favourite fashion, beauty and fitness tips that will make your summer fun and effortless.
Summer Fashion Tips – Finally, it’s that time of the year when we can pack away our winter coats and boots and unpack our bright colours, floral dresses and sandals.
Here are our top fashion tips for summer.
- Opt for fabrics that are light and breezy – Linen is always a safe bet when you’re not sure. Check out this article for more information on which fabrics are best.
- SUNGLASSES – These should be your new BFF! Literally, one of the reasons I look forward to summertime. One of the best accessories around; not only do they protect your eyes, but they also have the power to transform any outfit. Be “extra” this summer ladies.
- Make use of your local tailor! Y’all know how expensive clothes are, so instead of declaring bankruptcy on yourself, get creative and redesign your current wardrobe. A simple t-shirt can be turned into a crop top, a skirt can be shortened, etc. Design your dream wardrobe with none of the effort or experience needed as well as BONUS save cash.
Summer Beauty Tips – Besides the obvious sunscreen rule (seriously though – Please wear sunscreen, your skin is important!).
Here are our top beauty tips for summer.
- Saltwater hairspray – Ain’t nobody got time to straighten, or blow dry their hair every day. Especially when you’ll be spending most of your days swimming, and also beach waves are sexy so why not. My go-to brand at the moment is (Lee Stafford) which can be bought at any Clicks store.
- BB Cream – The last thing you want is a face melt disaster. Which is why I’ll always suggest using a light BB Cream during the daytime on those scorching hot summer days. You still get that slight coverage, SPF protection and moisture all in one.
- Waterproof mascara – Hello! I work here! I don’t think I even need to explain why this is SO important. Or better yet, splurge on some lash extensions for the summer.
Summer Fitness Tips – Just because it’s summertime, doesn’t mean it’s too late to get active and keep fit. Here are our top fitness tips/hacks for summer.
- Combined fitness with fun! Get those legs moving by getting the squad together and hire bicycles to ride along Sea Point promenade.
- There are so many hiking trails in and around Cape Town, challenge yourself all while exploring the beautiful fynbos and scenery our country has to offer. (Click here for the best hiking trails)
- Keep Hydrated! We all know how hot it can get in Cape Town, so we suggest doing your intensive cardio either early morning or better yet in the evenings. Beach runs are a must to try and can end off with that perfect sunset selfie. If you are going to be working out during the day, please make sure to drink plenty of H2O.
NB Tip this summer… HAVE FUN
Wearing – Adidas
Photography by – Tegan Smith Photography